The Donnelly Sequencing Centre is a full-service Illumina CSPro next generation sequencing core facility located on St. George campus at the University of Toronto. As a cost-recovery facility, we offer full library preparation and sequencing services to researchers across Canada, and internationally.

The Donnelly Sequencing Centre (DSC) was established in 2010 under the direction of Dr. Corey Nislow, largely as a support facility for 35 researchers at the Donnelly Centre for Cellular and Biomolecular Research at the University of Toronto. Over the past 7 years, we have grown rapidly through collaborations, and today, under the direction of Dr. Ben Blencowe, we support a customer base comprised of more than 140 national and international research laboratories.

Today, 80% of our work is focused on standard sequencing projects (production arm), while the other 20% is focused on supporting and driving novel sequencing projects through protocol development, testing, and optimization. Visit our ‘Research Highlights‘ section for more information on the some of the types of projects we continue to support.

In 2013, the DSC attained CSPro certification and to-date we remain the only NGS service provider in Toronto that is Illumina-certified.

“The Illumina Certified Service Provider (CSPro) Program is a collaborative service partnership dedicated to ensuring the delivery of the highest-quality data available for genetic analysis applications. Illumina CSPro certification ensures that customers who use Illumina CSPro services receive the industry-leading data quality and service they have come to expect from Illumina.” More on CSPro Partnerships.